United Way of Marion County awarded Head Start $82,734 for the next two years.
Head Start is a federally funded program for children and their families. The federal funding for Head Start is 80% of the programs budget, the program is required to obtain the remaining 20% from the local community.
Head Start prepares children and their families for school success. The program provides early learning classrooms to eligible children aged six weeks through age five. Children are assessed throughout the school year. The assessment results and lesson plans are shared with the parent(s) of the child, the teachers of the child and the assigned Family Service Advocate. Together the parent(s), teachers and family service advocate develop a plan that bet fits the child’s needs.
To read the full article in the Ocala Star Banner click on the following link
To learn more about Head Start or how you can help Head Start please contact Brandi Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-629-0055, Extension 353.